Valley Pain Consultants is contracted with the majority of commercial insurance carriers, as well as Medicare and most AHCCCS plans. Choosing a provider to treat your chronic pain condition is a very important decision; the physicians and staff of Valley Pain Consultants would enjoy the privilege of assisting in your care.
Please find below a list of insurance plans with which we are contracted. While we do our best to keep this list current, please contact us to determine if Valley is in your carrier’s provider network.
Insurances Contracted (No referral or authorization):
- Aetna PPO/POS/EPO/OAP
- AHCCCS Indian Health Services (IHS)
- Arizona Care Network (ACN)
- Arizona Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
- Banner – PPO
- BCBS – all out of state plans
- Cigna Great West
- Cigna PPO/POS/EPO/OAP
- Gilsbar- BCBS network
- Health Net PPO
- Health Net-Ambetter
- Humana PPO
- Mayo Management- BCBS network
- Mercy Care/Mercy Integrated – follow ups only
- Self – Pay
- Southwest Service Administrators / UFCW
- TriCare for Life
- TriCare Standard
- United One /Golden Rule
Insurances Contracted (Authorization required):
- Humana HMO – Referral or authorization (depending on rep at insurance)
- All Workers’ Compensation Insurance Carriers
- Aetna HMO thru Navinet, Req. from PCP
- TRIWEST Veterans choice
Insurances Contracted (Referral required):
- AHCCCS Care 1st /OneCare
- AHCCCS Health Net ACCESS
- AHCCCS Mercy Care/Mercy Maricopa Integrated – Consult only
- Banner Choice Plus HMO – Referral must be for Banner letterhead
- BCBS – Banner Network Referral must be in Banner letterhead
- BCBS AZ – Medicare Advantage
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna Medicare Advantage
- Health Net – Community Care
- Health Net- All Well
- Honor Health
- Humana Gold Plus HMO
Insurances Non-Contracted (Authorization required prior to scheduling appointment):
- Aetna Student – Referral required from Health Services where student attends
- Scan Health Plan – Lifeprint Optum Medical Network
- TriCare Prime
- AHCCCS University Family Care
- AHCCCS Maricopa Health Plan
- AHCCCS Health Choice
- AHCCCS Cenpatico Integrated Care
- AHCCCS Bridgeway
Insurances Non-Contracted (Patient needs to agree with OON Benefits: higher cost to patient):
- First Health
- APIPA CRS
- Health Net – AZ PCP (PRIORTY CARE)
- Out of State Medicaid
- AARP Medicare Complete- Pinal County Network
- Phoenix Choice
Valley Pain Consultants billing is performed by Physician Office Partners, (POP). If you have questions about your bill, please contact POP directly at (800) 431-5379 or send us an email to email@example.com.
Please be prepared to provide the following information when contacting POP:
- Account Number
- Patient’s Name
- Guarantor’s Name
- Primary and/or Secondary Insurance Carrier
- Insured’s ID and Group Number
- Daytime Contact Number
- Date of Services
Pain Management Charges
Valley Pain Consultants has pain management offices located conveniently throughout the Valley, including offices in Central Phoenix, Estrella, Mesa, North Scottsdale, Gilbert, Mesa, Chandler, and Peoria. Valley also provides pain management services in a medical facility setting. Pain charges will be billed just like anesthesia charges. A facility charge may also accompany the professional charge. Intrathecal Pain Pump refills are performed in the West Valley, Mesa and Chandler offices only; both of these offices are AAAASF accredited facilities, therefore, pump refills will be accompanied by a facility charge.
POP will bill your insurance company for professional services rendered associated with pain management care. We participate with many HMO and PPO insurance plans, which means that payment should come directly to us.
In the event that we do not participate with your insurance carrier, you will receive a monthly statement showing the status of your account. If you have not received an explanation of benefits from your insurance company within 60 days, you may want to contact your insurance carrier directly to determine the status of the claim. The insurance company may have pended our claim for additional information either from the insured or from another healthcare provider.
In many cases, there may still be a balance due from you for deductible or co-insurance amounts after your insurance has paid our claim. If we have been supplied with information regarding your secondary insurance, we will bill them for any balance due. If you do not have secondary insurance, you will receive a statement for any amount due from you personally. This balance is due upon receipt of our statement.
If you do not have insurance or cannot afford to pay the balance after insurance in full within 30 days, please contact the billing department (POP) to set up a monthly payment arrangement after receiving your first statement. We understand that expenses associated with surgery can be overwhelming and we are willing to do what we can to accommodate your financial needs.
We accept payment by cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Please mail your payment to POP with the top portion of your statement.